In an era ran by social media, an amazing opportunity is open for brands and businesses. You now have the capability to create a relationship with your customers and increase brand awareness through consistent and effective communication and advertising. However, we know it can be a bit overwhelming to jump into the cluttered and ever-changing digital arena. Here is a breakdown of some of the most popular social media platforms with statistics and advice to help your brand find it’s best fit!
To give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- 1st largest social network in the world
- 69% of US adults use Facebook
- 4 billion monthly active users
- 5 billon daily active users
- 54% of users are female
- 14% of users live in India
- 81% of 18- to 29-year-olds use Facebook
- 75% of adults living in urban areas use Facebook
- Turn your customer base into a community
- Use photos, contests, questions, videos
- Avoid text-only updates
- Target your audience using Faceb
ook ad features
- Set-up Marketplace so customers can buy from you without leaving Facebook
- Utilize Facebook Messenger to improve customer service
To give everyone a voice and show them the world.
- 2nd largest search engine in the world
- 73% of US adults use YouTube
- 2 billion monthly active users
- 30 million daily active users
- 55% of users are male
- 16% of users live in the U.S.
- 96% of 18- to 24-year-olds use YouTube
- 77% of adults living in urban areas use Facebook
- Remember it is search-dependent via Google and YouTube
- Make “brand deals” with established influencers
- Stay focused on comedy, music, product reviews, and instructional videos
- Promote videos on your other social media platforms or website
- Improve your SEO with strategic language
To capture and share the world’s moments.
- 35% of adults use Instagram
- 1 billion monthly active users
- 500 million daily active users
- 52% of users are female
- 11% of users live in the U.S.
- 72% of 13- to 17-year-olds use Instagram
- 42% of adults living in urban areas use Instagram
- Utilize visual storytelling for food and clothing brands
- Take advantage of hashtag capabilities
- Target younger demographics
- Emphasize photos and short videos with brief copy
- Integrate with your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Create unique and engaging visual content
- Use Instagram Stories, Highlights, and Live Video to further reach audience
To give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly without barriers.
- 24% of adults use Twitter
- 330 million monthly active users
- 134 million daily active users
- 56% of users are male
- 14% of users live in the U.S.
- 40% of 18- to 29-year-olds use Twitter
- 29% of adults living in urban areas use Twitter
- Remember the platform is fast-paced and more niche
- Plan for the 280 character limit
- Be concise, interesting, timely, and informative all in one short tweet
- Focus on brand awareness and engagement
- Utilize popular trends, hashtags, memes, and viral sensations
- Pay to promote your brand’s account, tweet, hashtag, or trend
To connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.
- 25% of adults use LinkedIn
- 303 million monthly active users
- 132 million daily active users
- 57% of users are male
- 30% live in the U.S.
- 33% of 30- to 49-year-olds use LinkedIn
- 30% of adults living in urban areas use LinkedIn
- Be a part of the community of workers and business owners
- Share and connect professionally with other individuals and businesses
- Make copy more formal than other platforms
- Utilize platform for B2B content rather than B2C
- Realize that decision-makers and influencers are on LinkedIn
- Create material focused on job openings, company updates, content assets
- Network with users and offer ways to improve their work
- Pay digital ads to target people in specific job roles or industries
To bring everyone the inspiration to create a life they love.
- 29% of adults use Pinterest
- 300 million monthly active users
- 80% of users are female
- 30% of users live in the U.S.
- 34% of 18- to 29-year-olds use Pinterest
- 31% of adults living in suburban areas use Pinterest
- Remember this platform is a content curation tool
- Create relevant visual content from aesthetic images to an infographic or quote
- Find your niche markets
- Link eye-catching images to your website
- Try content like recipes, fashion tips, DIY projects, advice, and guidance
- Focus on the fashion, home decorating, art, food, or fitness industries
- Sell products directly from Pinterest using the Buy Button
To empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
- 27% of adults use Snapchat
- 190 million daily active users
- 60% of users are female
- 45% of users live in the U.S.
- 69% of 13- to 17-year-olds use Snapchat
- 32% of adults living in urban areas use Snapchat
- Create or utilize geo-filtered lenses
- Promote your brand using full-screen video advertisements
- Optimize and measure campaigns with the ad manager
- Let social influencers take-over your account for the day
- Feature user-generated content
- Get creative
Be sure to give us a follow on Twitter and slide in our DMs if you need any help creating your brand’s social media presence!