Position Overview – Account Executive
The Account Executive is responsible for daily contact between the agency and one or more client accounts. The account executive interfaces with various agency departments to move projects through on behalf of the client. This includes meeting with the creative team concerning creative issues and input, the media director concerning media issues, the director of interactive marketing concerning interactive projects and online media, and the production manager concerning scheduling and timing.
Account executives have major input in developing strategic marketing plans for their clients. After plans are developed and presented to clients, the account executive is responsible for carrying out the plan on a daily basis.
Account executives are also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients and providing support to the agency’s new business program.
Account Executive Responsibilities
- Meets regularly with production manager/creative director/traffic manager/media/public relations/interactive staff to coordinate agency efforts on behalf of assigned clients/accounts.
- Receives client briefings. Fills out Client Contact Reports for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Quickly and accurately relays Client Change Orders to all appropriate agency personnel.
- Effectively presents, sells and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments.
- Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing, and media planning.
- Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, faxes and emails.
- Coordinates with director or interactive marketing to ensure traditional/interactive synthesis of marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Advertising or Marketing preferred.
- Minimum (2) years experience in agency or corporate marketing setting.
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with detail-oriented approach to projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Understanding of design principles, print production, web development and social media a plus.
If you are looking for a stimulating and challenging agency environment that will help you achieve your career potential, send a cover letter, resume, work samples and references to email@example.com or fill out the form below.