Position Overview – Account Coordinator
The Account Coordinator provides assistance to Account Executives and Agency Principals in the day-to-day administration and scheduling of accounts to ensure projects and campaigns are efficiently executed. The Account Coordinator is also responsible for assisting Account Executives and Agency Principals in nurturing current client relationships and enhancing the agency’s new business program.
Account Coordinator Responsibilities
- Provides administrative assistance to Account Executives and Agency Principals on day-to-day activities for assigned clients, includes managing client phone calls and emails, production and creative deadlines, writing creative briefs, media placements, etc., to ensure continued progress of client workflow.
- Stays aware of client activities to ensure continued progress of client projects when Account Executives and Agency Principals are unavailable.
- Supports Account Executives and Agency Principals in the implementation of the agency’s new business initiatives by assisting in lead research; sending emails, letters and mailers; managing progress through our CMS system; and drafting requests for proposal (RFPs).
- By Account Executives or Agency Principals’ request, attends networking events and expos to generate new business leads.
- Gathers and assembles background information and analyses as needed by Account Executives and Agency Principals in development of briefs.
- Provides input in planning stages as requested by Account Executives and Agency Principals. Assists in organizing mailings, final copy, agendas, reports, proposals, creative briefs, estimates, correspondence and other materials related to account service and prepares the above for client presentations.
- Handles paperwork and maintains files on all client activities, correspondence, approvals, copy, forms/documents, billing, etc.
- Prepares invoices for Account Executives and Agency Principals on a monthly basis.
- Makes sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, drawing attention of Account Executives and Agency Principals to potential problems before they occur.
- Proofreads copy, artwork, printers’ proofs and color separations to ensure all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
- By Account Executives or Agency Principals’ request, attends and takes minutes at meetings, prepares and distributes contact reports, etc.
- Acts as host/hostess for visiting or calling clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Advertising, Marketing or Communications preferred.
- Minimum (1) year experience in agency or corporate marketing setting.
- Excellent organization, writing and communication skills.
- Self-starter with detail-oriented approach to projects.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of design principles, print production and web development a plus.